Trainer Name | Susan Sullivan Susan’s goal with clients is to create their own unique path to fitness, which is rewarding, progressive and yes, fun! Each client is assessed and their program designed. Workouts are a synthesis of corrective stretching, core training, resistance work and balance. Alignment and good form are part of the training process, so that each client learns the safest way to move. Susan often uses circuit training to maximize session time. She believes the only "miracles" in training are consistency, focus and work.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Work with adults new to fitness, to establish healthy habits in and out of the gym.
- Teach well-rounded workouts that include the components of fitness: cardio, resistance, flexibility.
- Develop long-range goals to prevent training in a habitual rut and avoid over-use issues.
- Establish "homework" in core, stability and stretching as a support to training & overall posture.
- Address issues of whole-person wellness: fitness, stress reduction, nutrition
- Yoga Coaching and Practice
Susan currently practices yoga, weight-training, dance, and teaches movement and rhythm to families. She leads groups in a process called “Taketina,” which is a meditative exploration of rhythm.
Her certifications are National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF), CHEK Institute Nutrition/Lifestyle Coach, Level 1, Yoga Alliance 200Hr. Cert. & Group Exercise Leader with the American Senior Fitness Association. Susan is currently enrolled in the Adaptive Fitness Program at Foothill College, Los Altos.
Learn More About Susan Sullivan