For fitness industry professionals, building a following through social media is a great way to attract new clients, grow your brand, and keep current clients and your community engaged. With more users than Facebook, Instagram is now the fastest growing social media app out there. For those of you who don’t know: Instagram allows you to create a basic profile, post pictures, and aggregate those pictures using hashtags to share with the world and your followers. Increase the awareness of your business by taking advantage of Instagram’s 300 million active users to share your brand with. Here are some quick tips to get you started with a successful Instagram account for your business.
Start by creating a catchy handle that includes your business name or title.This is how you will be
- Start by creating a catchy handle that includes your business name or title. This is how you will be identified so keep it simple.
- Briefly describe who you are what you do in your profile. Include a link to your website and/or facebook URL.
- Create your profile photo with an image of your logo or brand. Reinforce your brand as much as possible. Instagram is all about the photo!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PHOTO
Get creative with your photos. Don’t be afraid to shoot outside the box and be unique. You want to @
- Get creative with your photos. Don't be afraid to shoot outside the box and be unique. You want to represent your brand and attract peoples attention. Pictures should be worth a thousand words.
- Integrate your brand in at least half of your photos. Afterall that is why you are here.
- Get personal. Throw in some photos of yourself and your clients. Stay away from stocked photos or photos with just writing.
- As a fitness industry professional your posts can range from healthy food, lifestyle, and nutrition to intense workouts, sports,and adventure.
- Use flattering filters and pick a few that suit you best.
- Switch things up and add short video clips or use the split screen option. In the fitness industry, videos are a great way to let people see what you are made of!
Choose several keywords that represent your brand and business. These will be your core hashtags
- Choose several keywords that represent your brand and business. These will be your core hashtags. Allow one to include your business name: #DIAKADI, a few basic relating popular hashtags: #health #fitness #muscle, and 1 or 2 local identifiers: #baytrainer
- Take advantage of popular hashtags. This is how you will be seen by more users.
- Avoid using too many hashtags for each post. Keep it around 4-5. You don’t always have to stick with your core hashtags. It’s important to be diverse.
BUILD YOUR INSTAGRAM COMMUNITY
B an active member. When a user likes your post, return the compliment, or better yet mention
- Be an active member. When a user likes your post return the compliment, or better yet, mention them in a comment by using a @mention. (@username)
- Find relevant users to follow. Search hashtags that relate to your business and find people that pique your interests to follow. It’s advantageous to find users with a lot of followers.
- Post frequently. Try to post a few a day, but don’t overdo it. Keep people engaged by being consistent, but don't let them get tired of you taking up their feed.
- Keep your followers engaged by asking questions or using quotes with your photo.
- Build a captive audience by creating a recurring event, storyline, or campaign that people can look forward to and participate in: #TBT or #tenyearsbest are great examples.
2015 is already becoming the year of Instagram. Allow your business the opportunity to become one of the many success stories of their free platform. Remember, the more times people come across the brand, the more likely they are to becoming your next favorite client!