AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Pre/postnatal Fitness
- Yoga/Pilates Mat
- Behavior Modification Coaching
- Body Composition Shifting
- Core Strength
My love of movement began in the ballet studio: I loved dance more than anything, but my feet literally bled more days than not. And when my beloved teacher told me I was talented but my body was not shaped like a ballerina’s, I bailed on my dream and started comfort eating.
In the years after I left ballet, I ran collegiate track and entered the fitness industry. I began to repair my relationship with my body...but not before pushing past my limits and ending up in surgery.
Exercise doesn’t have to hurt to work. In fact, it shouldn’t. And it shouldn’t make you feel badly about yourself, either.
It wasn’t until I had a baby that I was able to see my body in a whole new light. Where I used to try to beat my body into submission, now I treat it the way I treat my daughter: I listen to her, I trust her, and I enjoy her. I’m the boss, but we are finding our way together. Now, instead of pushing my body too hard, too fast, I meet it where it’s at, day to day, year to year, with a challenge that leaves me feeling strong, fit, and comfortable in my own skin.
I can’t wait to help you get comfortable in yours.
- BA, Oberlin College
- Pre- and Post- Natal Strength Training, Annette Lang
- 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training, White Lotus Foundation
- TRX Suspension Training, Fitness Anywhere
- Kettlebell Training, Kettlebell Athletics, Education Systems
- Personal Fitness Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine, ACE
- Behavior Modification, ACE
- Teaching Pilates Mat/PiYo Powder Blue Productions