AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Functional training for strength and athleticism
- Healthy habit coaching for sustainable behavior change
- Helping former athletes regain their edge and confidence
- Women's fitness and empowerment
- Fat loss and muscle gain nutrition programs
I have personally run the gamut from one extreme of the fitness spectrum to the other. A life-long competitive swimmer and collegiate athlete, I have learned the value of hard work, technique-driven practice, and mindset training for performance. I earned All-State, All-League and All-American honors during high school and college in Womens’ Lacrosse. As a goalie, I was not one to shy away from any challenge, whether it was staring down a hard rubber ball traveling 60mph, or putting in the hours of strength and plyometric training in the weight room.
Years later, I found myself de-conditioned and sluggish, feeling terrible, disappointed in myself and my body, and without confidence. My life involved cycling from the couch to the car to the office chair and back. I hit a breaking point. Driven by a goal to find freedom, accomplishment, and pride in my body and physical and mental abilities again, I applied the principles learned as a former psychology student and practitioner in order to design a program for sustainable lifestyle change focusing on positive pillars such as habit management, gratitude, and greater mind-body connection. I put this program into practice in my every day life, and I don’t intend on ever stopping. This has led to a deep professional passion for collaborating and facilitating lifestyle change in others.
I wake up in the morning with the purpose of exploring how both the mind and body can be harnessed for the good and happiness of the whole self, and on helping others find their own strength and potential.
- BA Whitman College, Psychology and Philosophy
- Personal Trainer (CPT): American Council on Exercise
- Behavior Change Specialist: American Council on Exercise
- Functional Training Specialist: American Council on Exercise
- Certified Functional Strength Coach Levels 1 and 2 (CFSC): Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning* (Starting in May)
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist (FRCms): Functional Anatomy Seminars
- TRX Certified Instructor: Total-Body Resistance Exercise
- Sports Performance Couch (USAW1): United States Association of Weightlifting
- SIY Practitioner: Google's Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute
Is Poor Sleep Causing You to Gain Weight?, VitaCost, February 2018