AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Strength & Muscle Development
- Run Coach & Program Design (Beginner-Boston Qualifier)
- CrossFit & Sport Conditioning
- Weight Loss & Body Composition Changes
- OCR Training: Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Muddy Buddy
- Pre/Post Natal
Jon has always been an athlete. Originally from southern California, Jon was a Tight End/Cornerback, Shooting Guard, Midfielder Extraordinaire, but Baseball was his true passion. Pitching and playing third base all the way through the collegiate level, Jon has shared the diamond with many professional athletes, coaches and trainers and knows what it takes to compete at a high level. After graduating college with a Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology, Jon traded in his spikes for running shoes and in his first race, finished top 10.
Combining his passion for physical activity with a degree and over 20 years of athletic experience, Jon started JDLT in hopes of providing a top-notch personal fitness and run coaching program to help anybody that wanted to get better. In addition to his college education, Jon holds certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM CPT), Metabolic Specialist (NewLeaf Fitness), CrossFit CF-L1 Coach (CrossFit), and CPR/AED (American Red Cross). Jon also coaches and works with runners of all levels, couch to 5K, all the way to Boston Qualifiers, and is constantly training for his next race. Personal Records include 3:05 Marathon, 1:26:59 Half Marathon, and 39:41 10K. When not exercising, Jon enjoys jamming out to Reggae music, checking out new breweries with his wife, and roaming the city with his corgi, Hamilton.
- B.S. Kinesiology (Exercise Physiology)
- San Francisco State University
- Certified Personal Trainer - American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- CrossFit Level 1 (CF-L1) Trainer
- Certified Metabolic Specialist - NewLeaf Fitness
- CPR/AED - American Red Cross
How to Find (and Train In) Your Personal Heart-Rate Zones, SHAPE, January 2018
These 23 Fitness Pros Have a Kick-Ass Message You Need to Hear, Greatist, October 2015