AREAS OF SPECIALTY.
- Program Design - Full program focusing on balanced mixture of core, strength, nutrition, flexibility and cardiovascular efficiency
- Sport Specific Strength and Conditioning
- Outside + Extreme Sports Preparation: Snowboarding, Mountain-Biking, Rock-climbing and Surfing
- Self Defense - Jiu Jitsu (no- gi), Basic Boxing Conditioning
- Weight Loss + Weight Gain
- Pre and Post Natal Fitness
With over a decade of experience in the fitness industry, Ross Steiner has been working with clients and athletes to maximize their potential to achieve high levels of improved performance, optimal body composition and a structured plan centered around functional movement and injury prevention. Each client is designed an individualized program personalized to the unique goal of each athlete. Ross knows that each client is a unique individual and begins with a comprehensive Functional Movement Screen in order to design a strength program tailored to each fitness level, areas of strength and need as well as their fitness/training goals and time frame available to reach these goals. Ross knows how to push and motivate each client to obtain maximum results without injury while monitoring programs closely and making adjustments as needed.
Ross’s background draws from a diverse set of styles, disciplines and certifications including NASM-CPT, NSCA-CSCS, USAW weightlifting. Programs are built and structured based off of his extensive study of biomechanics utilizing bodyweight, kettlebell, dumbbell, powerlifting, Olympic style weightlifting, plyometrics, speed and conditioning. His work as a sports performance coach with Stanford football, Mission Football and scores of individual athletes has fully developed his strength and conditioning knowledge base and allowed him opportunities to work with many D1 and NFL athletes such as Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener, David Decastro, and Jonathan Martin. These priceless experiences have allowed him to hone his craft for working with not just the novice, but the elite athlete.
He compliments each training program with an optimized nutrition strategy built custom to your performance goals. He has researched and experimented with a series of nutritional programs and knows what works best depending on if you are trying to lean out or build muscle.
Ross is also the co-creator of The Business Movement, created in 2016 by four leaders in the fitness industry to inspire aspiring entrepreneurs and young coaches. He has given many lectures on the fitness industry, and has implemented a mentorship program for aspiring coaches. In this mentorship, coaches observe and study under Ross while they learn his philosophy, craft, style and begin to take on clients and athletes under his guidance and watchful eye.
- NSCA, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Functional Movement Screen Certification Level 1 & 2
- NASM, Certified Personal Trainer
- USA Weightlifting Certification
- StrongFirst Kettlebell Certification, SFG 1
4 Quick Tricks: Exercises to Sharpen your Surf Game, Surfer's Village, June 2017
The Perfect Rep Ranges for Size, Strength and Power, STACK, February 2017
- 4 Ways to Integrate Injury-Prevention Training Into Your Workouts, Stack, December 2015